Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Return to Me



A song based on Zechariah 1:3-6, which reads:


"Therefore say to them, Thus declares the Lord of hosts: Return to me, says the Lord of hosts, and I will return to you, says the Lord of hosts. Do not be like your fathers, to whom the former prophets cried out, ‘Thus says the Lord of hosts, Return from your evil ways and from your evil deeds.’ But they did not hear or pay attention to me, declares the Lord. Your fathers, where are they? And the prophets, do they live forever? But my words and my statutes, which I commanded my servants the prophets, did they not overtake your fathers? So they repented and said,‘As the Lord of hosts purposed to deal with us for our ways and deeds, so has He dealt with us.’”


"Return to Me, return to Me

And I will return, to bear the fruit you cannot bear

To raise the dead and heal the sick

And lead you in the way you should go


Will you harden yourselves against Me

Like the ones who would not hear My words?

It is a stiff-necked people who run from Me

The God they claim to serve!


Do not trust the prayers of your fathers

When I've called you to higher ground

Even My servants, the prophets, will die

But My words will live and resound


You are My people, My chosen possession

Come build once again on the Rock

Return to the love you had at first

Be My Kingdom, My Bride, My flock"


Hear the Word of the Lord

The Word of our God

Spoken to save

And capture our hearts

And show us His ways


Open to receive what is freely given

Like a flower receives the sun and the rain

Know His love for you

In the sweet refuge of His Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment